Monday, May 25, 2009

Fun with window cards!


I think next to 3-D die cut boxes my favorite CC&M product is window cards, I love the surprise peeking through a window. (This card is known as the 5-1/4" Square Scallop Card Heart Window Vertical.) On this card I printed a daffodil digital stamp on vellum and embossed it speedy quick then colored it with my trusty Bic Mark-it markers (sharpies or copics would work too) then sewed it behind the window opening.

It may seem tricky to machine stitch around a heart shape but here is a crafty trick: Start at the bottom point of the heart and sew up to where it starts to curve then instead of using the foot pedal on your machine use the turning wheel on the right hand side of your sewing machine to go one stitch at a time until you get over the "humps" then use the pedal as you stitch down the other strait side. I'm no seamstress but I love the look I get when I stitch on a card.

Here is another tip: If you don't have the right color "bling" for your card you can alter clear rhinestones just color them with your solvent based markers such as Bic Mark its, Copics or sharpies. I use a small glue dot to stick the rhinestone down then color right over it with the marker, works like a charm!

1 comment:

Chrissy D said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS! Love the colors!!!