Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Icy Ornament

Hi guys! Becky here today. I just couldn't resist sticking with the "Christmas in July" theme after having so much fun during the July Blog Hop (scroll down if you missed it)!!!

So, today I am sharing an ornament I made from the Pyramid Box on the Creative Cuts & More Store - with a little twist...

I knew I wanted to use a photo I took a few years ago of an ice storm that came through Kansas while I was visiting family during the holidays. So, I decided to turn the pyramid box upside down to allow for the fullness of the tree at the top. Here's the original photo:
Isn't it just GORGEOUS?!! I know the ornament doesn't do it justice, but I still think it's a fun use of the photo, don't you?! (If you want a little more detail on how I made it, go to The Scrap-a-Teeny Girls' Blog for more detailed instructions.)


On the pyramid itself, after tracing/cutting out all the triangles, I used a tape runner to attach all the photos, punched a hole in top for the hanger & then I stickled some of the branches in the photo to give a more "icy" effect.  When that was all dry,  I used the Killer Red Tacky Tape to put the pyramid box together, & hung the bell/flower with some silver thread...

(The flowers are cut using some CuttleBug dies I had out of adhesive tin sheets from my supplies)

Hope you liked my little project!
We'd love to see what wonderful things you've been up to!
Leave a comment with a link so we can all check it out!
Cheers!!!

PS - Kim is still laid up, but hopes to be back in action for our post next week!! Thanks for all the well wishes!!

1 comment:

Steph Zerbe said...

Wowza, so creative!! I love that you are thinking outside the box!