Monday, July 2, 2012

Cardinal with Holly Card

Christmas In July Continues.....



Today I have for you a card that uses the Cardinal with Holly and the Oval Window A7 Frame with Mat and Card Set




I needed a large card for this special Cardinal. The girls in my card class love birds and I know for my Christmas in July card class they will love him, But he is one big bird! (measures 4 1/4 from the top of his head to his tail feathers) So I went with the A7 size and he fit like a dream. I moved the holly around the card and love that there is so many different holly leaf options on this Cottage Cutz die. I know I will use that holly on many different cards too. That is one thing I love about the Cottage Cutz Dies - You can take so many of the different parts and use them on different cards. So having this die and maybe not always using a Cardinal  or the Holly but maybe having it your collection and working on that special project and needing that one part and you think "Oh I have that die and that Cardinal will work or that Holly will work to finish the card".  I just know once I started playing with these dies the details they have in the individual pieces are amazing. I have never had such intricate dies at my finger tips before.  Thank you Terry for introducing me to Cottage Cutz!

Paper used: Pomegranate Splash, Forest, and Cream
Stamp Set: Hand-Penned Holidays
Adhesive: Tear-able Tacky tape



1 comment:

NoraAnne said...

Such a beautiful, elegant card!