Thursday, February 19, 2009

New in February...


Here's another mini album idea! This 4x4 album is a great little album that you can alter, distress, try out new embellishing ideas or just give as a great little gift! I did this one as a celebration of our 12th anniversary. It was fun to just put some memories together in a little album! The antique label on the front can be found here. The flourish is a little die cut (from my personal "collection") by Sizzix. The alpha set is Tiny Alphabet by Stampendous.


This layout not only features some hand cut letters, but the scalloped circle frame can be a very versatile embellishment. I used it in the following layout too. The letters were made by using chipboard letters, laying a sheet of cardstock over them and running them through my personal die cutting system (BigKick by Ellison) and the flower is a hand punch by McGill.

The alphabet letters are from Cornish Heritage Farms, the circle stamp was from Gel-a-Tins. (A set called Sheltering Trees.) The oval was hand stamped with a stamp from 7 Gypsies and then I hand cut it.

Besides using die cuts as embellishments, a great way to add some variety to those die cuts is to use your favorite stamps to stamp on them. The flourish is a Hero Arts stamp and the sentiment is from Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps.

On this layout, I used a Top Ten List stamp from Little Yellow Bicycle's "Zach's Life" line. Also, I punched the flowers using my Fiskars punch and then overlayed the two flowers. The slide frame is a die cut from Creative Cuts and More. I used a Hero Arts stamp and stamped on top of it. It added a little extra "zing" to my embellishment! I love to combine stamping into my album pages, and what better way to do that than to stamp on the embellies?? Here's a close up version:

The rectangle in the middle is a Tim Holtz Fragment. I used my sanding block on one side of the clear acrylic chip, making it look frosted. I then embossed on it using Versamark and clear embossing powder. (Don't hold the heat on it too long at a time!) I also stamped on it using Black StazOn ink.

Hope you have enjoyed these ideas! This is a fun and versatile little book...hop on over and check it out!

Patterned Paper: All Dressed Up by DCWV

2 comments:

Lindsay Weirich said...

so cute Angie!

craftaddict said...

What a sweet little album. Just right to carry around in your handbag.