Thursday, April 23, 2009

Double Mate mini mini album



This tiny little album isn't usually the size that I work on, but boy, was it a fun new adventure! This little album fits inside a candy/Altoid tin and is an accordion album. I had Terry cut it out of DoubleMates Cardstock in Icy Indigo. (It even sounds snowy, doesn't it?) The album came with two covers and I got the layers that go on each fold of the accordion too. The Snowflake? Well it was Snowflake #04 small out of Pearlescent Swirlette. It is just gorgeous!!

This is what it looks like when I opened it up. I used one of the layers and stamped on it and journaled on it. The accordion album is on the right. The Stamps are from Stampendous, out of their Jumbo Tree set. I stamped the swirl using White ink on the right and blue in on the panel on the right. The snowflake is Snowflake #01 in pearlescent swirlette.
I used the Circle Scallop Frame to highlight the single photo on the layout. The snowflakes (Snowflake #01 petite) and frame both were cut from Pearlescent swirlette. The title is done with white rub-ons from Autumn Leaves I did carefully measure and cut the photos, frames and snowflakes so that they would more easily fold into the candy tin and lay flatter when folded.

On the other side of the accordion album, I also placed only one photo. I again carefully cut the photo and the snowflakes, then stamped them. The dark blue cardstock on this layout is the layers that came with the album. I turned them to a landscape orientation instead of using each layer vertically on each fold. I love the DoubleMates cardstock because it is one color on one side and a complementary color on the other. No need for covering the album or changing the color of the cardstock!! It was a little tricky to get the layers just right on this layout. I wanted to cut the snowflakes at the fold so the album would lay better when folded...but it was tricky, tricky. Then I adhered all the pieces together.

This is the back cover of the candy tin. I used Snowflake #01 petite cut from the DoubleMates cardstock. Here you can see that both sides are a lovely color and go together so well. If you are covering mini albums or want tags or other embellishments made, this is a great way to have an embellishment that you could use either side of. Also, this cardstock would work great in an acrylic album because both sides are colored and you wouldn't have to worry about covering up the white backside of a piece of paper!

No comments: