Isn't this a gorgeous layout? It's the work of our April 2009 guest designer Irene Tan from Malaysia. She was kind enough to include instructions on how she created it!
1) Use a pattern paper as the base for this page. Distress it suing the scissors distressing technique and ink it with distress ink. Mat it onto a card stock.
2) Add a strip of pattern paper on the left of the page. Ink it's edges with distress ink first before attaching it to the page.
3) Use a clock masking template and some distress ink to mask the clock image on the upper left of the page. Later, sprinkle some water on it to get the water distressing effect.
4) Distress the edges of the photograph using the scissors distressing technique and use a sanding block to distress it's borders. Add it to the page.
5) Use another mask and some acrylic paint to mask on the upper left corner of the photograph.
6) Cut out another small strip of patterned paper and create ruffles with it. Place it vertically on the lower left of the photograph. Hand stitch a vertical line on the left of the page.
7) Treat some die-cut chipboard hardware (Photo Holder #01 and Photo Holder #02) and frames (Circle Scallop Frame and Nameplate #01) from Creative Cuts & More with the "Creating your Faux Metal Pieces" technique. Add the photo holders with some brads on the upper left and right of the photograph. Add the handle vertically with brads over the paper ruffles.
8) Print quote on vellum & attach it to the lower right of the photograph. Paste the Circle Scallop Frame over it and dress it up with some liquid pearls.
9) Add the negatives of some Prima felt flourishes on the bottom of the photograph. Ink it with distress ink and dress it up with Stickles. (Tip: try to recycle some of the negatives from your felt embellishment)
10) Add the "My Mom" title to the Nameplate and attach it to the page with brads.
11) Add some flowers randomly on the page and dress it up with some Stickles and liquid pearls.
Die Cuts: Chipboard shapes from Creative Cuts and More (Circle Scallop Frame, Nameplate #01, Photo Holder #01, and Photo Holder #02)
Patterned Paper: Little Yellow Bicycle
Inks: Ranger Distress Ink
Others: Ranger Liquid Pearls, Ranger Stickles, Tim Holtz idea-ology Mask, Making Memories Acrylic Paint, vellum, brads, Helmar glue, Glue Dots and other adhesives.
This is a Mother's Day gift that she created for her mom. We're sure her mom will love it!