Friday, April 17, 2009

Sweet Felt Star

Design Team member Carla Mayfield is no stranger to cards for boys... she's the mother of three boys! Here's her story of the cute felt star that she received and the card she created:


"Terry, the owner of Creative Cuts and More, sometimes send me random cuts from her extensive collection. I love going through these and thinking up a project for them. Today I wanted to work with this sweet felt star, and I really love how it turned out.

I started with a base of Bashful Blue, then I added a Quick Strip down the side. These were from SU! a year or two ago. For 2009, I am either going to use or get rid of some paper. I used to be a horrible hoarder!! I can tell you that all hoarding does for you is leave you with lots of outdated paper. Join me in using all your new and best stuff in 2009!!

Then I sprayed these two with some Caspian Sea Shimmer Mist. I made this by adding one jar of Radiant Pearls to four ounces of hair spray. It works like a charm!

I then put the sticker on BB card stock and cut the circle. The way I got it in there perfectly is by positioning the die exactly where I wanted it and taping it down. I cut the scalloped circle from Barely Banana and stuck it on the felt star.

Then I grabbed the metal stars with my tweezers and heated then dipped them one at a time into my retired SU! Light Blue embossing powder. I love to use ep this way, and that is why I have 40 or so colors. These stars look beautiful IRL!!

Do you ever get a card three quarters of the way finished and then decide you want the ribbon in an inaccessable place? That's what happened here, so I just took my SU! slit punch and punched a tiny nip out of the top of the card. Now the ribbon loops all the way from the inside to the outside of the card."

No comments: