Saturday, October 24, 2009

From our Guest Designers

If you missed the OCTOBER BLOG HOP winner - scroll down two posts!


Well it's October, time to start thinking about Christmas! "What?" you say...Oh yes Christmas, if you are going to make something. And you are going to make something aren't you? I mean really who doesn't love a present from someone who cared enough to make something special just for them? Well we all get pretty busy around the holidays and I am no exception! As a matter of fact I have LOTS on my plate! (hmmm...that reminds of another layout I need to make.)But I digress...

Christmas beauties! I love when you give someone something and they say "Wow you made this?"(with exclamation!) You know whats nice about these? All you have to do is fold and decorate!!! No cutting or figuring out sizes, just the fun part- decorating! How could I resist these cute little die cuts from Creative Cuts and More! Inexpensive too- 75cents! Can't beat that! Here are some close ups...

A little take out box. I embossed it with my Cuttlebug, added some scraps, ribbon, flowers and a butterfly(broken piece of my daughters barrette.)



I embossed and inked this darling purse die cut. I am going to put a mini book in there. The flower was clear acrylic (also from Creative Cuts and More), I used alcohol inks to color it and glossy accents to make dew drops. I also used the alcohol inks on the rhinestones and pearls (Kaiser) to make them match. I used gold Stickles. The ribbon and metal piece were scraps I've had around.

How fun is this? This is a little tin and it comes with a mini accordion album but I cut it up to make these little cards! I thought it would make a cute gift set that you could throw in your purse- you know when you need a little card real quick...you can just pull one of these out of your purse. I also embossed a piece of packaging to cover the decorated tin. (I don't know about you but my purse gets messy!)


Here's what it looks like when you open the package.

The cards...


And one last look! I don't know about you but I love pretty things and I would be excited to receive something so cute! There are tons of different bags, purses die cuts to choose from. Use your imagination!


Rita Barakat

http://letsembellish.blogspot.com

OK - we were so blessed with such YUMMY Eye Candy from Rita, so here is some more delicious treasures from Tifany!

This little book is small enough to fit in your purse, but can easily hold all the lists to help you manage your gift shopping. And after you are done shopping, you can add a few album pages and turn it into a great holiday mini-album!

The velvet paper from Creative Cuts & More is a must for any of your Christmas projects...it is so soft and beautiful. It is also super easy to cut! The back of the paper has a surface that is very easy to trace onto to make your cutting easy

I love all the options for each of the great die cuts...you can get them in foam, acetate, many different papers and cardstocks, felt, polyshrink, different weights of chipboard, velvet, vellum...and even Tacky Tape! For the buckle I used a light weight chipboard cut and topped it with a metallic cardstock cut. The chipboard adds a nice depth to the buckle and the metallic cardstock was so easy to cover the chipboard with since it was already cut to the same shape.
{All the links to the supplies for this project from Creative Cuts & More are listed below.}

1 x Buckle #01 Set: Chipboard - Medium Weight
1 x Buckle #01 Set: Galvanized Silver
2 x 4"x4" Mini Album Cover: Black Chipboard - Heavy Weight {and 4"x4" Mini Album Pages, optional}
1 x Tomato Velvet Paper
1 x Alpine Velvet Paper

Tifany DeGough
http://www.inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com/

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

2 comments:

Steph Zerbe said...

Welcome to the team!!

ellen s. said...

these are amazing!!!! love each one