Friday, December 25, 2009

Santa's Sleigh

To create Santa's Sleigh, I used the Sleigh Die Cut from Creative Cuts & More, then simply traced it onto a piece of Cosmo Cricket Paper, cut out and adhered the pattern paper to the die cut.

For my image, I stamped the Vintage Santa from the Artistic Outpost Snowy Woods Plate on Caramel card stock, then used the Sepia Technique to add color. To color his beard, I painted on Rock Candy Stickles with an old H20 Brush, then dabbed on some White Pastels, layered onto a Black Panel cut with Spellbinders Circle Dies, then onto my Sleigh.


The Sleigh holds Pretzel Bark in a Cello Bag, tied with Rope.

Here's the recipe

Pretzel Bark


1 cup chopped pretzels
1/3 cup chopped toasted PLANTERS Pecans
1-1/2 pkg. (8 squares each) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted

STIR pretzels and nuts into chocolate; spread onto waxed paper-covered baking sheet.

REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm. Break into pieces

Designed by Lisa Somerville

2 comments:

Steph Zerbe said...

oh yeah, this is one gorgeous sleigh!! Those rich colors speak to me. Great photo too.

Noelle Reese said...

Your sleigh is very pretty! The recipe sounds yummy too!