Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Marie Antoinette - 3rd Post of 8x8 Album

Hello & thanks for stopping by today!
I was really hoping that I would have a finished project to share with you today, but I'm afraid life interrupted my progress on this one! But I do have a few more pages from my 8x8 Window Album to share with you today & I hope to be able to spend some time in my studio this week & at least finish the last few pages!



(Marie dolls compiled from a digital collage sheet)
This is my favorite page from this grouping. I just love that so many people think that Marie actually said "Let them eat cake!" The paper dolls were made from a digital sheet I found on Etsy & the cake is cut from a Cricut cartridge. The gold embellies are actually imported German Scrap. (The text is cut from a book.) The background paper was stamped & clear embossed with a cupcake stamp & then sprayed with Glimmer Mists (wiping the mist off the embossed images). I also used Stickles to highlight some of the flowers on Marie's dress & in her hair.
Do you ever get to working on something & it just doesn't seem to come together like you wanted? Well, that's what happened with these two pages! They were supposed to be all about Marie's "Pouf" (hairstyle) & fashions. But I couldn't quite get it to work, so this is the result...
One, super busy page of collaged images:
And, another not quite completed page that will hopefully get some more stuff on it soon!



the green "fan" piece swings up to reveal an empty spot at the moment!
These two may end up being tossed out when I get the whole book finished! I'll just have to see how it all works together!

That's it for today...I really do apologize for not having the finished book to show you! Hopefully in by the end of the week!
Thanks again for stopping by & don't forget to visit the CC&M shop for all your mini-album needs!!
- Becky

Designer: Becky Voth

1 comment:

Dawnll said...

Great job sharing your process of making this book.