Sunday, June 27, 2010

Glittered Butterflies in the Window



It's been a while since I played with my glitter, so I pulled them out and had fun getting all glitter-fied! Hee hee hee! For this card, I punched out the butterflies from some adhesive paper (it's sticky on one side and plain paper on the back side), pulled off the protective paper and glittered them up. I smooshed the glitter into the adhesive with my fingers just to make sure it was good and stuck and then brushed off the excess.

I used some 1/4" red liner tape from Creative Cuts and More and adhered it all around the window and on the windowpanes. I wanted a softer look around the window so it wouldn't distract from the colorful butterflies, so I went with a white Martha Stewart glitter.

The stamped sentiment just seemed appropriate with the beautiful butterflies, so I used a dark purple ink and stamped it directly on the card. Instead of adding a bunch of embellishments that would overshadow the delicate butterflies, I just tied a ribbon on the side.

Have a wonderful Sunday!


Die Cuts:
Four Pane Window A7 Scallop Card from Creative Cuts and More


Stamps: Paper Bag Studios
Ink: Elegant Eggplant (SU)
Paper: Curious Cryogen White
Ribbon: May Arts
Glitter: Martha Stewart Crafts (white), Jazzy (green and purple)
Other: Killer Red Tacky Tape - 1/4" (Creative Cuts and More), adhesive paper (PK Glitz), butterfly punch (Martha Stewart Crafts)

No comments: