Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Lazy Days of Summer

Hi all, Becky here to share with you a little book I made from the


I know circles can be hard to work with, but I knew that I wanted to work with some photos I took of Maggie when she was 2, playing in the sprinklers & the circles reminded me of water!
First, I asked Terry to cut the album out a great "water-blue" (Bazzill Smoothies, Tropical Blue), but when I started working, I noticed that I was also working with some light pink paper from my stash & the album was starting to take on a "baby" feel. So I promptly pulled out my Glimmer Mist (a blend of Moonlight & Glacier) to alter the blue background! I love the effect it gave to all the pages!

For the cover, I cropped my fav pic of Maggie into a circle in Photo Shop Elements & layered it with another circle that I dry-embossed with a Cuttle Bug Swiss Dot folder. The flowers are from my stash, but I know you could get some small flowers from Terry & use the Doodlebug Glitter to jazz them up! The title is from TPC Studios.
On the back cover, I covered the circle with Sassafrass Lass polka-dots, inked it with "Weathered Wood" Distress Ink, matted Maggie's photo in Bazzill's Bubblegum Criss Cross Textured cardstock & added a few more flowers. Both the front cover & back cover were attached to the rest of the album with Basic Grey Gemstone Brads so that they could "swing-away" from the rest of the album with it's opened up!
See how the covers are now upside down when the album is fully opened? That's because they have to swing out to reveal the pages underneath!
On pg1, I used the small flower embossed with a Tim Holtz Collaged Embossing folder & inked with "Weathered Wood" again, underneath the hose diecut. Maggie is matted in the Basic Blue by Bazzill Smoothies.
Here, I simply used the great filmstrip dies to showcase Maggie trying to drink from the sprinkler! Aren't those dies great!!
On pg3, I got creative again with the gemstone brads & 3 of the small scalloped circle frames...First I sprayed each frame with Vintage Pink & Antique Rose Glimmer Mist then, I attached each frame w/the Gemstone brads in a different spot so that they swing open to reveal a different photo...

Pg 4 simply has a couple stars (one cut in the Bazzill Bubblegum & the yellow is from my own stash covering a chipboard star) & another embossed small flower.

That's it - my little Summer Celebration book of Maggie!
Thanks for looking!
See you soon!

1 comment:

mustangkayla said...

What a fun little mini!