I am so excited to share with you a project I made for Creative Cuts and More- I shared it with Laura at Paper and Pixels Magazine. Let me tell you I was blown over when she asked if she could share it in the magazine. Each magazine goes out on the 15th of the month.
Advent Calendar Tree Set from Creative Cuts and More
Basic Tree Directions:
1. Fold (crease) each Tree on its fold lines. This will help your project go much smoother.
Note: At this point I decided to emboss my tree. If you choose to do this each tree will have an embossed side and de-bossed side.
2. Place a strip of your Killer Red Tacky Tape on the top to connect the two pieces. If you wanted to stamp a design or insert pictures it should be done now.
Note: I chose to use miniatures in each of the windows so I didn’t add anything at this point.
- You want to make sure all pieces line up and stay together. Using an aggressive two sided tape like Killer Red Tacky Tape - 1/8" really makes sure it stays. Be careful not to glue the windows down. Once you have the tape down you can use your finger or the bone folder to burnish down the tape.
- Work carefully and make sure all the backing pieces are attached to the tree fronts.
- Next you will need to add tape to the back of the insert sheets; you don’t have to worry about the windows being covered on the backing pieces.
- Work carefully and remove strip from tape from only one side at a time.
- You will be joining half of one side of the tree (Backing side) to the next one half of the next tree. Continue to do this with all four tree pieces.
- There is also a present designed tree stand in the kit to use for the base.
Note: I used miniature buttons, iron on patches, mini ornaments to adorn my windows.