Saturday, September 17, 2011

How About An Acetate Design?

You know how sometimes you see a project in your head? Well this one turned out better then I dreamed.
I used an A2 card base from Creative Cuts and More.
The only difference is a had this one cut in Acetate!

I started by putting the card through my Big Shot with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. I Stamped a Lablanche stamp on white card stock and colored lightly with Copic markers.
I matted on black and then white card stock again.
The image was centered on the Acetate base with room showing around the edges(would hate to cover up the entire card).
I attached a small sentiment from my stash with a yummy flower and leaves. All it needed was a little orange check ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon to embellish.
One last touch was to use a Krylon gold marker to outline the card base, I really like how it gives a outline to the card design.

Sure hope you pop into Creative Cuts and More and check out the many card bases available-you might even try an acetate product.

3 comments:

Patti J said...

Beautiful, Dawn! What a great idea...thanks for the never ending inspiration!!! Hugs...

Noelle Reese said...

What a pretty card! I love it!

NoraAnne said...

So pretty Dawn! I've always wanted to make an acetate card, and now you've inspired me further!