Saturday, September 3, 2011

Ribbon Pennant

Let me start with a question to all of you.Do you have lots of scraps of ribbon? You know those little end pieces and pieces that might make a nice bow?
Well let me say I have ribbon everywhere.
I had these really great Banners in Acetate from Creative Cuts & More.
They come with a protective sheet so you don't scratch them before using.




You can order these Banners in Acetate or Chipboard.
Creative Cuts and More also offers this really aggressive tape-
Killer White Tear-able Tacky Tape - 1/4".
I used this to cover one side completely - It is so easy to use this two sided adhesive,
I always know my projects will stay together.

I sorted out several pieces of pink-most of the pieces worked very well without me having to cut them.
The back of the pennant looks pretty good also because you see the ribbons.
You have the choice of placing ribbon on this side also or maybe a favorite patterned paper would look nice.



This first view is after I trimmed all the overlap.I used one of my favorite tools-The Crop-O-Dile!!!
I punched three holes across the tops of each. You can choose to punch after the ribbon is on or punch first and then re-punch through the hole after your done placing the ribbons.

I threaded a long ribbon through all the holes but didn't like them not matching on the front. So I un-threaded and came up with coming in one side and tying a ribbon on the back to hold the loop. Then I went back through the same hole and out the front. I really liked that they lined up on the front and hung nicer.


So I decided to use these Banners in Acetate to make a pink banner.
I added some more extra ribbon on the ends, and some bling and flowers from Prima.
So I hope you enjoyed this easy idea to use up lots of scrap pieces of ribbon with a great Creative Cuts and More die..